VIDAMAR RESORTS, MADEIRA, PORTUGAL
What’s so great about this swimming pool?
The edge of this exquisite infinity pool in Madeira merges with the Atlantic for an incredible view…
- The infinity pool, located on a sea platform, will have you thirsting for a dip in the ocean.
- There is direct and private access to the sea – and oh the water is wonderfully mild.
- The pool temperature is the same as the Atlantic ocean and varies from 19 degrees Celsius in winter to 24 degrees Celsius in summer.
- Each pool is 1.4m deep, 19m long and 12m wide – they’re big and beautiful!
- You can eat at the poolside restaurant where drinks, light snacks and a full lunch menu are available (including delicious fresh Portuguese fish).
- Should you be feeling active, this poolside offers table tennis, scuba diving lessons and more seasonal water sports.
- Are there plenty of sunbeds, parasols and towels around the outdoor swimming pool area? Oh yes.
- There is a children’s pool close by so that you don’t have to leave this gorgeous view if you’re with little ones.
Vidamar Resorts: the lowdown
Vidamar Resorts in Funchal, Madeira, is a chic and spa hotel with an amazing position on the ocean – all of the 300 rooms have sea views and private balconies. The spa has a gorgeous indoor swimming pool, an impressive array of treatments on offer and you can see that breathtaking ocean view from every part of the spa as well as from every bedroom. There’s a health club with great cardio fitness equipment, a floodlit tennis court, a squash court and yet another indoor swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and a Turkish bath. There are several restaurants onsite to choose from: a sushi restaurant, an Italian restaurant, the poolside bar, a traditional Madeiran restaurant, a buffet and a piano bar. And there is a very good kids’ club. The hotel is a short walk from the from shopping centres, bars and bus stops of the lively local Lido area, and transfer from Madeira International Airport is quick as it is only 18 km way.
What else is there to do?
Situated in Funchal, the capital of Madeira, Vidamar Resorts is a great place to relax and a perfect spot from which to explore Madeira. This small island (300 square miles), is south west of Portugal. It is officially run by Portugal, but it is largely self-governing. An area of exquisite natural beauty, Madeira is seriously popular with tourists. We’re talking beautiful beaches and a deep, fascinating culture (Funchal is home to many museums and great shops and boasts fun nightlife). Boat rides around the island give you a wonderful opportunity for fabulous views and for whale watching too.
DIVE IN AND BOOK AT…