Hazelton Hotel, Toronto, Canada
What’s so great about this pool?
It’s incredibly pretty – with stunning Bissaza mosaic tiles in the pool and contrasting marble on the walls. This pool is in one of the swankiest areas of Toronto, part of a beautiful spa complex. This makes it a great place to exercise – particularly in the depths of a Toronto winter – when you probably won’t feel like going out for a run.
Swimming pool details
- Because the pool is kept at 29-30 degrees Centigrade, it’s very welcoming and warm and the deep blue tiles make it more enticing still.
- It’s a great size at 15m long and approximately 6m wide, with a depth of 1.3m throughout – perfect for either dipping or exercising or both.
- There’s a selection of comfy loungers, ensuring that in good weather you can really enjoy the pool patio area.
- A hot tub is close by on a decked area, where you can eat light lunches of salads and sandwiches.
- Upstairs, in the spa, there is a cafe area where you can also eat light lunches.
See more luscious pools
So the pool’s fab – what about the hotel?
In a word, the hotel is particularly upmarket. It is all designed by top architects with Italian names and the public areas are full of expensive artworks. There are only 62 rooms and 15 suites, but they are all very plush. The rooms have nine foot high ceilings and the materials used include zebrawood and granite, giving a feeling of incredible luxury. Similarly, bathrooms are wonderfully equipped with soaker tubs, rainfall showers and glassed in TVs in the mirrors. I think you get the picture: it’s very classy!
The restaurant sells a range of fine dishes – many made with native Canadian produce – wild hogs, wild deer, bison, local cod. None of this is cheap, but it’s one of the best eateries in Toronto.
What else is there to do round here?
The hotel is in Yorkville – which is probably the poshest part of Toronto. It has a row of shops known as the Mink Mile, where all the big designer names have their retail outlets. There are superb restaurants and some very expensive apartment blocks.
Toronto is one of the great cities of the world, so there’s plenty to see, inlcluding the Royal Ontario Museum, the Ontario Art Gallery, the famous CN tower, food markets and old colonial forts. Alternately you can go by boat to nearby islands or take an excursion to Niagara falls. It’s also a great city for music – from rock to classical – and people in Toronto are passionate about sport – it’s great for ice-hockey and American football. You certainly won’t be bored!
Dive in and book