Hotel Kraft, Florence, Italy
What’s so great about this pool?
After a hard day wandering around and looking at the beauties, you’ll want somewhere to cool down. This incredible rooftop pool has views across Florence – from the huge dome of the Cathedral built by Brunelleschi, down to the River Arno and up as far as the hills behind the town. And it’s not just for exercise. The pool is great place to socialise or just relax.
- The pool is fitted with a hydromassage system, which makes it even better for relaxing those tired muscles.
- Situated on the fifth floor, the terrace around the pool has a pine tree, a cypress and an olive so it looks like a garden in the sky.
- The pool is 8 metres long and 3.6 metres wide – big enough for good workout.
- The water is a maximum of 1.6 metres deep.
- Opening hours are from 9.00am to 9.00pm
- The water is heated in winter
- Next to the pool is a superb restaurant, serving full meals and light lunches throughout the day. And there’s the superb American bar, where you can relax with a glass of something cold.
See more luscious pools
So the pool’s fab – what about the hotel?
The Hotel Kraft Florence has 78 rooms, spread out over four floors. It is a modern, city centre hotel. The rooms are luxuriously furnished and have the traditional Florentine wood floors. It doesn’t have vast lounges, gardens, or a gym, but it’s very friendly and right in the heart of town. And it has a high class restaurant with great views.
What else is there to do around there?
Florence is one of the most delightful cities in the world. It is filled with incredible buildings, art treasures and wonderful restaurants where you can sit and watch the world go by. There is the stunning Cathedral, the Uffizi Gallery, which is full or Renaissance masterpieces, the Galleria dell’Academia, with Michelangelo’s sculpture of David, and the Ponte Vecchio – the ancient bridge across the Arno, which is lined with shops. Florence has some of the top clothes boutiques in the world, and there are wonderful cafes in the squares and just above the city are the famous Boboli Gardens – a great place to escape the crowds and the heat.