Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy
What’s so great about this pool?
The Hotel Cala di Volpe has an extremely large Olympic-sized saltwater swimming pool in one of the loveliest areas of the Mediterranean. It’s a wonderful place to splash around or really work on your fitness levels. And if you go in the spring and summer, you’re almost guaranteed to enjoy glorious sunshine.
- The pool is Olympic sized – 50 metres by 25 metres – which makes it absolutely perfect for fitness training.
- The Cala di Volpe’s huge pool used for pool activities – exercise, aqua-aerobics, pool games etc
- It is a saltwater pool – the water is taken straight from the sea – so you have slightly greater buoyancy
- The pool is surrounded by grass – which makes it feel more natural and picturesque
- There is a superb poolside restaurant where you can get light meals, drinks and superb cocktails
See more luscious pools
So the pool’s fab – what about the hotel?
The Cala di Volpe is built on the charming Costa Smerelda – the north coast of the Italian island of Sardinia – and is designed to look like a traditional Sardinian fishing village with painted buildings and jetties sticking out into the water. There are six bars and restaurants offering fine wines, top class Sardinian cooking, light meals and grills. It’s an ideal place for an active holiday: there are three tennis courts, two fitness centres (one outdoor and one indoor) and a private beach. There are 100 rooms – all with a seaview – and 121 suites. And the hotel even has its own boats which can be used by guests.
What else is there to do around there?
If you’re feeling energetic, there is a top class local golf course, horse riding, fishing and there are even floodlit tennis courts, squash courts and football training. Water-lovers can go diving, jet ski-ing, wind surfing and water ski-ing. Because the area has only recently become a major tourist destination, there are plenty of unspoilt beaches and lots of scope for long walks and bike rides.
The local village – Porto Cervo – has shops, bars and restaurants. It also has a marina which is used by some of the largest and more luxurious yachts in the world.
Dive in and book