Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
What’s so great about this pool?
This is a stunningly modern pool in an old-fashioned, extremely grand, Edinburgh luxury hotel so it’s ideal for a brisk swim before heading out into the centre of Scotland’s loveliest and most historic city. The walls around the pool are lined with fine tiling and the pool is beautifully styled.
- The pool is 15 metres long – specially designed for swimming laps
- At a depth is 1.5 metres, it’s great for relaxing and playing
- Temperatures vary between 25 degrees and 30 degrees centigrade
- Opening hours are from 6.30am to 10.00pm on Monday to Friday and 7.00am to 10.00pm at weekends
- Personal trainers are available to help set fitness plans
- A Finnish sauna, a Turkish steam room and an air conditioned fitness and dance studio are all part of the spa.
Other stunning pools
The pool’s fab – so what about the rest of the hotel?
This is an imposing hotel – completed in 1902. The clock, which is traditionally kept three minutes slow, is one of the great landmarks of the City. It has 168 rooms and suites, all of which are carefully styled by a top modern architect. The hotel boasts a Michelin-starred restaurant, a brasserie serving light meals and steaks, a tea room and a bar, which is a popular meeting place.
What else is there to do around there?
The hotel is on Princes Street – the main shopping street of Edinburgh. It is just a few minutes’ walk from the famous Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, King Arthur’s Seat and all the other sites of Scotland’s most historic city. If you like art, there is the Scottish National Gallery, the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and stacks of modern galleries. During the Edinburgh Festival Fringe – held in August – actors and comedians converge on the city from across the world. Oh, and if you get sick of the city lights, the surrounding countryside is the envy of Europe.
Dive in and book at…