Puli Hotel, Shanghai, China
What’s so great about this pool?
It’s a superb pool – far larger than most hotel pools. It’s also stunningly good looking – it’s an infinity pool – virtually touching the windows of the hotel, so you can look out over the famous Jing’An Park, while you enjoy a swim. And Shanghai is one of the busiest and most bustling cities in China, so this is a great place to relax before a day in the city and it’s a superb place to chill out afterwards.
- The pool is open from 6.00am to 11.00.pm – so there’s plenty of time to enjoy a dip
- The water temperature is a very pleasant 28 degrees Centigrade
- It’s on the third floor of the hotel
- The dimensions are impressive – 25 metres long and 8 metres wide
- The depth is between 1.2 and 1.4 metres
- The pool is right next to the health spa with a Jacuzzi, state of the art gym, steam room and an assortment of micro showers and bubble baths
See more luscious pools
So the pool’s fab – what about the hotel?
The Puli is a superb, extremely modern hotel with 193 rooms and 36 suites – arranged on 26 levels. The main restaurant – The Phenix – offers Michelin starred dining – with an entirely
European cuisine. It has two superb bars – The Long Bar and the Garden Terrace – where you can enjoy a drink. And the rooms and foyers are extremely luxurious, with superb oriental styling.
What else is there to do around there?
Shanghai is China’s biggest city – a technological marvel with some of the biggest buildings in the world. It is also an ancient city with old pagodas and temples and a famous watertown on the shores of the Yangtze river and a colonial quarter with European homes. It also has the famous Shanghai Museum which has some of the most valuable Chinese art and pottery in the world. It’s a place that just takes your breath away.
Dive in and book