HOTEL BEL AIR, LA
What’s so great about this pool?
It’s oval, it’s one of the most luxurious pools in LA and it’s in one of the most luxurious five-star hotels in LA. In this sprawling West Coast American city, this swimming pool is a haven of peace and pampering, surrounded by palm trees. The pool has a history too – it’s been here 65 years but it was formerly a horse riding exercise ring on a mansion estate. Could we speak more highly of it? Possibly not, but we’re willing to try…
The Hotel Bel-Air low-down
Bel Air is home to the rich and famous, and Hotel Bel-Air is nestled right in there with the homes of the wealthy residents. It’s part of the Dorchester Collection of hotels and it’s simply charming. Set in 12 acres of gardens, there are 45 bedroom suites, the amazing Hotel Bel-Air Spa which offers prestigious treatments, an amazing restaurant which serves top-class food (most of which is sourced locally) and a wonderful bar with inventive cocktails. Boutique hotels don’t come much nicer than this one.
- Sit by this pool and you will be treated to hourly gourmet pop-up treats. Think frozen grape skewers, chocolate-dipped banana coins, farmers’ market fresh fruit sorbets and more. Hold on, it gets better…
- There’s a sunglasses cleaning service – yes, really.
- You may also have some of the wonderful beauty products from the Hotel Bel-Air Spa served up at your lounger, including sun lotion and skin tonic.
- The pool is heated to around 27 degrees Celsius – the perfect temperature for a refreshing yet warm dip in the Los Angeles sunshine.
- There are some wonderful patio areas.
- The pool is open from 8am-8pm, and there is no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy sitting by it for most of those twelve hours.
What else is there to do there?
Los Angeles is an incredibly diverse city – there’s the celebrity culture, the spectacular beaches and even mountains nearby. But for many people Hollywood is the big attraction – with wonderful theatre, restaurants and great shops. Plus don’t forget Disneyland, Universal Studios, The Getty Museum, Venice beach, Westwood, Santa Monica, the Hollywood Walk of Fame and more amazing places to visit and experience.