Palais Coburg Hotel, Vienna, Austria
What’s so great about this pool?
The pool is indoors, but it adjoins a sun terrace, so you get all the benefits of light and air. It’s a great size and it’s beautifully designed, situated in one of the loveliest hotels in Europe. It’s stylish, it’s luxurious and it’s a wonderful place to unwind.
- The pool is open all year round between 7.00am and midnight, which means that you can use it for a burst of freshness in the morning or as a way of relieving the stresses of the day.
- It’s part of a spa complex, with whirlpool bath, fully equipped fitness centre, steam bath and hot tub
- From the pool there is a wonderful view of Vienna
- You can walk straight outside from the pool onto the sun terrace
- The pool is kept at a very balmy 29 degrees Centigrade – so no sudden shocks
- It’s 12 metres long and 4 metres wide – so ideal for doing a few brisk lengths.
Other stunning pools
The pool’s fab – so what about the rest of the hotel?
A grand hotel from the age of splendid travel, the Royal Barriere Hotel is open only in high season – March to October. It is a traditional French seaside hotel with wonderful views of the Channel. And there are large lobbies and lounges where you can see and be seen. It has 217 rooms and 30 suites – so it is all very grand. It has a wonderfully plush Champagne bar and a sumptuous restaurant where you can eat local produce such as fruits de mer (sea food) and fine poultry and cheese and wonderful local wines and brandies.
What else is there to do round there?
Vienna is one of the most startlingly beautiful cities in Europe. there is the old art museum, the Secession modern art museum, the Leopold Museum of modern art, historic churches, the cobbled streets, the famous cafes selling cakes with whipped cream, the Ferris wheel, the Staatsoper opera house, the main concert hall: it’s got just about everything. And if you get sick of the city, you can always escape to the famous Vienna Woods. It’s full of life and culture and wonderful architecture.