Palazzo Parigi Hotel, Milan, Italy
What’s so great about this pool?
This is a wonderfully airy pool in an incredible spa complex, in the very heart of sophisticated and bustling Milan. The pool is beautifully designed, very relaxing and has a special counter current system, so it’s ideal if you want to build up your fitness.
- The pool is a generous 12 metres long and 7 metres wide
- It has panoramic views over Milan – it’s not tucked away in a basement
- It has ‘counter current’ swimming – you can swim against water jets for extra resistance
- The pool is in a spa, which boasts a great fitness area, a steam bath, a sauna and an ice plunge as well as a health food restaurant
- Adjoining the pool is a patio and terrace and there are loungers where you can simply relax
Other stunning pools
The pool’s fab – so what about the rest of the hotel?
This five star hotel is all about luxury. It has 65 guest rooms and 33 suites and the lobby and lounges are lavishly decorated with marble, hand painted ceilings and wooden floors. There is a delightful courtyard garden where you can get away from the bustle of Milan. There are two superb restaurants. The Cafe Parigi is an Italian bistro, serving an excellent but simple menu – pasta, meat dishes, wonderful desserts. The Gastronomic Restaurant is Italian fine dining at its best with Milan specialities such as breaded veal, as well as foods cooked in a traditional wood oven.
What else is there to do round there?
Milan is one of Italy’s most splendid cities. It is famous for fashion and culture. And this hotel is in an ideal place to sample both of these facets of Milan life. It is a short walk from the famous Scala opera house. It is also right next to the major fashion streets and the Brera arts district with its shops and trendy, picturesque meeting places. You can also visit the renowned Pinacoteca picture gallery with artworks ranging from Leonardo da Vinci to modern art. The Sforzesco Castle is also within easy reach. And the nearby areas of Corso Como and Corso Garibaldi have a wonderful night life.