What’s so great about this swimming pool?
It’s the unique setting and the luxury surround that makes the outdoor pool at Bailiffscourt, Sussex, one of the very best swimming pools in the UK. This is the swimming pool for you if you want to swim amidst eclectic luxury.
It’s the details that count…
- You can spend all day here – oh-so easily. Order food or drinks at the spa reception and it will be brought right out to you. And the food is wonderful with a fine array of salads and baguettes including their amazing pulled pork.
- The decking around the outdoor pool here makes it extra relaxing with a lovely Scandi feel to it.
- The pool is heated at around 28 degrees Celsius, making it a good temperature for exercising – but if you need a bit more warmth just pop into the wooden bubbling hot tub. Or best of all, nip from pool to tub to lounger for a wonderful watery experience.
- The water in the pool is constantly flowing over the sides giving the appearance of an infinity pool – you can’t see the sea from here but it is just beyond the hotel’s hedge – and you can taste the sea air.
- At 1.4m deep and 12.5m long, this is a good-sized pool – the indoor pool just on the other side of the glass panelling is the same size and has a jet pool in it and is a little hotter at 30.5 degrees Celsius.
So the swimming pool’s fab, now what’s the hotel like?
Bailiffscourt is set on a stunning part of the West Sussex coast in gorgeous gardens right next to the coast. Previously owned by the Guinness family, it’s an incredible mansion house built in the 1930s in medieval style, and it is surrounded by a collection of buildings which the Guinness family took a fancy to and had transported to the site (and re-erected) from various parts of the world. The result is an eclectic and luxurious landscape of beautiful and cosy accommodation that is so special.
Our reviewer stayed in a room with its own fireplace and four-poster bed in a thatched cottage just behind the main house (there’s a fabulous ‘Harry Potter’-style tunnel which joins the two buildings). The decor is truly sumptuous, the food is amazing and the atmosphere is one of sheer luxury. There’s a top notch spa with wide range of treatments available. The garden and grounds are very, very pretty.
What else is there to do?
- You are a two-minute walk from Climping Beach and walking along the coast here is glorious.
- Should you want to get away from this blissful environment you are under five miles from Chichester with its cathedral and shops.
- Pagham Harbour Local Nature Reserve is only a couple of miles away.
- Tangmere Military Aviation Museum is not far away and is well worth a visit too.
FIND OUT MORE OR JUMP IN AND BOOK AT www.hshotels.co.uk