THE CORNWALL HOTEL, ST AUSTELL
What’s so great about this swimming pool?
Swimming here, means looking out on the gorgeous greenery of The Cornwall’s Victorian walled garden – and oh, you feel good!
It’s the details that count…
- The windows around this amazing swimming pool are retractable panels – and yes, when the sun shines, they are removed so that you feel like you are swimming outdoors. Perfect.
- Gorgeous loungers match the grass outside and add to the garden feel of the poolside.
- This is a warm swimming pool, coming in at 31 degrees Celsius, but it’s not so warm as to make you drowsy. It’s just right.
Is it big enough to exercise in? Oh yes, you’ll get a good swim in this decent-sized pool.
- Do we like the classy wood panelling and beams? We do indeed!
- This pool is adults-only Mon weekday evenings from 6pm-9pm.
So the swimming pool’s great, now what’s the hotel like?
The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate
If you’re looking for a spa hotel with pool in Cornwall, The Cornwall so worth considering. It’s a lush, fresh, four-star hotel with a stunning spa, sitting in Cornish countryside, with some wonderful woodland walks which await countryside-loving guests. The hotel boasts a fine dining restaurant (The Arboretum), a wonderful brasserie and a terrace restaurant, serving lovely lunches, afternoon teas (Cornish, of course) and very good cocktails. And the spa, swimming pool aside, is of a very high standard. There are single and double treatment rooms and a brilliantly equipped gym, as well as a sauna, steam room, drench showers, manicure bar and an all-important juice bar. Outside in the grounds there is a croquet lawn and tennis courts. This is the perfect place for a relaxing break.
What else is there to do round there?
This is a perfect spot from which to explore Cornwall. The Eden Project is a 12-minute drive away. A beautiful traffic-free cycle route (the Pentewan Trail) passes by the Estate. Porthpean Beach is very close by – with its café and kayaks and the Coastal Path to Charlestown, which has played host to many a film set. Not so very far away there are some gorgeous surfing beaches and historic Truro is only 25 minutes away, with its markets and shops and Cathedral.