THE RUNNYMEDE, SURREY
What’s so great about this swimming pool?
You could spend a long time at the indoor swimming pool at Runnymede on Thames – it’s a gloriously warm environment with elegant floor-to-ceiling windows affording lots of natural light and gorgeous views. If you’re looking for a luxurious London escape that’ll soothe you to bits, this is it. Get a book, install yourself on one of the luxurious loungers, sit back and let time slip away, knowing that there is a stunning swimming pool right there for you when you want it.
It’s the details that count…
- The water is level with the top of the swimming pool, which is not only a luxuriously beautiful design feature but is also pleasure to immerse yourself in.
- The pool is kept at 30 degrees and the temperature of the air in the pool area is incredibly comfortable.
- At 18m x 9m this pool is large enough for to do a decent amount of swimming if you’re looking for an exercise session, and small enough to remain a cosy and beautiful atmosphere for a relaxing dip.
- Some whirlpools use the same water as the main pool and are no hotter – this is divinely hot, and makes going from the main pool to the whirlpool an exhilarating aqua experience.
- The poolside also boasts a steam room and sauna, both of which are a good size so that you don’t feel your privacy is compromised when people enter.
- There is a lovely indoor children’s pool and an outdoor pool too, which is longer than the indoor one (20m). This is open from mid-May to early September and is wonderful place to spend a sunny English summer’s day, with great food and options from the hotel available all day long.
So the swimming pool’s fab, now what about the hotel?
The Runnymede-on-Thames spa hotel
It’s very hard for a spa hotel to hit the mark perfectly, but The Runnymede-on-Thames spa hotel, Surrey, manages it, effortlessly. Located in Surrey near Heathrow Airport, it’s a great choice, whether you go on your own, with a partner or friend or as a group (The Runnymede-on-Thames has a gorgeous group spa suite for four to eight people). The setting is modern yet warm, chic yet down-to-earth. Set on the Thames, the riverside lobby walls are floor-to-ceiling glass so that pretty much wherever you sit, you can see the Thames flowing by. This makes for a scenic and incredibly relaxing view. The decor is ultra-contemporary, the food at all three restaurants is hearty, the bedrooms are super-comfortable and the spa is fabulous. And if you want to take a hot tug on the Thames (pictured above), we believe this is the only place you can do so!
What else is there to do round there?
The Runnymede-on-Thames is close to Windsor Castle and Legoland – useful to know if, on your visit, someone should insist that you leave this fabulous spa hotel’s poolside. Also if you’ve just landed at Heathrow, this would be a fine and relaxing spa hotel to stop off at.