ALEXANDER HOUSE, SUSSEX
What’s so great about this swimming pool?
Some swimming pools are nice to dip into but don’t have a beautifully designed poolside to keep you there all day. But the swimming pool at the five-star boutique hotel Alexander House has a real pull on its guests – it’s stylish, relaxing and if you book a spa day there, take a book because you may well find yourself lying out by the pool for some time reading and sleeping and swimming, and reading and sleeping and swimming. Sounds like a good break? It is a seriously stylish venue for escapism.
It’s the details that count…
- Warm and cosy is the name of the game at this swimming pool which is lovely and warm at between 29-30 degress Celsius.
- Measuring 15m in length, it’s a perfect exercise pool — but it’s not deep, coming up to the average waist height.
- The temperature of the pool is just right – warm, yet refreshing at a steady 26 degrees – and it is open all year round.
- The pool is part of the hotel’s fabulous Utopia Spa, with an outdoor hot tub that goes up to 38 degrees Celsius, a hydrotherapy pool with wonderful underwater jets, 25 treatment rooms including three double treatment rooms so that you can have a treatment with a friend or partner, and luxurious relaxation lounges. There’s also a great gym and yoga classes.
- There’s a fabulous spa restaurant called Reflections which serves everything from light dishes to full à la carte options.
Alexander House, Sussex
This stylish boutique hotel set in an old country house is really very beautiful and makes for an amazing day out or overnight spa stay. Should you, per chance, tire of the pool there is so much to do on the grounds: cycling, tennis, garden games including a putting green – and all of this is set in 120 acres of grounds. Orignially a manor house, the hotel has wonderful views of Sussex. There are also some fabulous restaurants onsite.
What else is there to do round there?
Alexander House is less than 20 minutes by car to Gatwick Airport and just 45 minutes from Brighton if you’re looking for some coastal city fun and shopping either on your way here or after your super-relaxing visit. But we recommend staying on the grounds and soaking up the lavish atmosphere for as long as possible.
FIND OUT MORE OR JUMP IN AND BOOK AT www.alexanderhotels.co.uk