TITANIC SPA, HUDDERSFIELD
What’s so great about this pool?
This is the swimming pool for you if you’re looking for a poolside refuge in the north of the UK, where you can totally wind down. It’s an ultra-intimate swimming pool, it’s 15m long, it’s warm, it’s welcoming and it’s set in a heavenly and minimalist environment that cossets you just perfectly.
Swimming pool details
- Let’s get technical about this luscious pool for a moment: it’s salt regulated – and that means that there are less problems for people who react to chlorine.
- You can take a candle-lit dip in this swimming pool at night – how gorgeous is that?!
- The pool is filled with spring water from 100m below the spa hotel – nice touch.
- There is a poolside sauna and steam room and extremely comfortable stylish white loungers.
- The pool is right by the Titanic spa restaurant/cafe so that you can nip out for refreshment at any time – and the food there is SO good.
Titanic Spa, Yorkshire
The Titanic prides itself on being an eco hotel – the treatments on offer use organic products, the building itself is a ‘recycled’ textile factory which boasts solar roof panels and uses its own source of spring water for not only the swimming pool but for the plunge pool, showers and the Heat and Ice Experience (a variety of saunas, steam rooms and icy experiences). But eco credentials aside, this is a wonderful spa. Our favourite feature is the relaxation room – bigger than most relaxation rooms we’ve come across, it is nontheless wonderfully cosy and soporific, with bean bags and books and magazines and soft, soft music.
The bistro is fabulous – healthy eating has rarely tasted so good. And much of the food is locally sourced. Most of the upper floors are residential flats and the ‘rooms’ which are rented out by Titanic are more like apartments. They’re modern, comfortable and very, very stylish – you’re given the makings of a continental breakfast and hot drinks facilities, with fresh milk, fruit, bread and cereal.
See more of the Titanic Spa below…
What else is near Titanic?
A 10-minute drive from historic Huddersfield, Titanic Spa is situated in a rural idyll on the edge of the Pennines and by the prettiest canal, which we strongly recommend for a scenic walk. You could combine your trip with a shopping visit to Leeds or with some time in nearby Huddersfield, but really Titanic is all about relaxing, bigtime.
Dive in and book at…