What’s so great about this pool?
This steamy, luscious swimming pool in the heart of Italy, is filled with thermal water that’s always between 32-38°C – warm! This is a swimming pool that’s divine in summer and a swimming pool lover’s paradise in winter ! And where does this divine, healing water of this swimming pool come from? It comes from deep within the Small Dolomite mountains, where it starts off 4,000 metres below the surface. By the time it reaches the Euganean Hot Springs it is enriched with beneficial minerals and for centuries this unique water has been used in therapeutic mud baths – the ancient Paleo Venetians bathed in it. And now you can too, in this an in-outdoor pool that is ultra-relaxing and ultra-beautiful.
The Mioni Pezzato hotel lowdown
Just 50km from Venice, the Hotel Mioni Pezzato & SPA is situated in one of the oldest, most traditional spa towns of Europe, Abano Terme. It’s a beautiful, elegant hotel that’s renowned for traditional cuisine and for being super-relaxing. This is a seriously luxurious place to chill out, with what the hotel describes as a ‘universe’ of wellness treatments available. We’ve featured one of the thermal swimming pools but there are three, giving you around 1,000 square metres of swimming pool to choose from. An outdoor pool called the Pavilion which is a finely landscaped swimming pool space with 200 sunbeds, and the Tranquilla – another indoor-outdoor pool which boasts sofas (a very nice touch, we feel). If you’re looking for a top spa in Padua, look no futher.
What else is there to do?
This exquisite hotel is two minutes on foot from the town centre of Abano Terme, which is charming. A small town, rich in history, it boasts the beautiful Cathedral of San Lorenzo, the Pinacoteca di Montirone art gallery containing some great Venetian art works, lots of beautiful boulevards and squares for relaxing in, exclusive shops, bars and, of course, ice cream parlours.
There are day trips aplenty to be had from this perfect spot. You can get to Venice by train in 45 minutes and you’re 10km from Padova, 76 km from Trevison and 97km from Verona.
It’s the details that count…
- The California pool is open all day and up to, wait for it, 11pm, so you can take a dip deep into the night!
- Choose between indoors and outdoors – the water surface of the indoor section of the pool is 190 sq m and the water surface of the outdoor section is 200 sq m.
- There are 40 hydromassage stations to choose from and one of them is a fabulous verticle cascade.
- Outdoors there are 60 gorgeous sunbeds; indoors we’re talking 60 in summer and 85 in winter.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and pool toys are prohibited, making this a very luxurious grown up space.
- The California pool is set in a peaceful and beautiful garden that’s perfect for roaming in in between swimming pool dips.
- There’s a great poolside restaurant with fabulous food.
- The spa offers a fantastic array of treatments including, of course, its famous mud treatments.
- The therapeutic properties of the hot springs spa treatments are verified by the Italian Ministry of Health for safety and quality.
- Psst… there are two more beautiful swimming pools at this resort, show in the slideshow below. All three are gorgeous and are filled with the famous local thermal spa water, but we like the California pool the best!